Many mothers are asking questions on the best foods for facilitating weight gain in toddlers and children. It is important to garner perspective on baby nutrition and healthy diets.
Is your baby looking malnourished despite how well you are feeding him? You need your baby looking cute and chubby as a sign of a healthy living? You want to know the healthy foods that can help your baby gain weight? Below, are 10 most researched weight gaining foods for kids.
Frequent consumption of all the foods below will not only make your child gain weight but also build stronger bones, grow healthy and build antibodies that protect kids from germs and bacteria.
- Breast Milk: Is a costless, nutritious and most delicious food every baby needs for their first 6months. It has high-calorie energy food for babies. It enriches the brain power and increases weight without increasing baby fat. From age zero (0) to 1 year, mothers can give their kids diary milk from cows to substitute for breast milk e.g. Aptamil 1,2,3,4 with ponutra growing up milk for respective ages of children.
- Banana: Can be given to infant babies from months old. Bananas are in rich in dietary fiber, potassium, vitamin C and are a very good source of Vitamin B6. It is an energy dense nutritious food. As a meal, bananas can be introduced as Banana milk then after 7 months, it can be introduced as pancakes. It can also be mixed with porridge for a 1-year-old baby. E.g @Supermart.ng Banana & Wheat Milk for 7 months and Apple and Banana swirl for 4-6months baby are life savers.
- Peach: This can be given from age 6 months. It is always mixed with other baby foods like Beech Nut which you can get from supermarts and stores. Peaches are rich in dietary fiber, niacin, Vitamin A and are a good source of Vitamin C. Peach can be pureed after 6 months and after 1 year as smoothies and milk shakes. E.g. Beech Nut Classics with 2 Peaches.
- Avocado: Is a great meal for toddlers and kids, since they are rich in fats and calories – both of which are needed for a growing child. They are also rich in nutrients, which makes them an obvious healthier choice over other fatty foods. It is of high benefit to use ripe avocado pulp as spreads or dips for kids.
- Pear: Pears can be introduced as one of the first solid foods of baby and helps in weight gain. It is very rich in Iron and is also a good source of dietary fiber, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C. African pear “Ube” can be cooked and given to babies after 6months and after 8 months Apple pear can be added to make Pancakes.
- Sweet Potatoes: Makes an excellent first meal for babies from age 6 months with MultiGrain & Apple Sweet Potato Cereal 227g. Sweet potatoes are mashable and are also the least allergenic food of all . They are very low in saturated fat, high in dietary fiber, magnesium and potassium, vitamin B6 and very high in Vitamin A and C.
- Chicken: This can be introduced after age 8 months. Chicken is rich in Niacin, phosphorous, magnesium, Vitamin B6 and B12, and also rich in cholesterol. Chicken can be given at least once a week to children boiled or stewed and you can also use it in dishes for babies.
- Cheese: Can be given after age 8 months. Cheese is rich in phosphorous, calcium and selenium. Sliced Cheese makes perfect finger food; you can also try serving fruit salad with cheese to your baby.
- Wheat: Mostly wheat is not considered as a weight gaining food by many, but using whole wheat in baby foods has shown a steady weight gain in babies. It is an excellent source of dietary fiber with low fat. Wheat can be introduced as Wheat Cereal, you can also whip up an entire baby meal in a jiffy with wheat Mixes. You can make these at home or easily order homemade @oakondiments
- Oats: Another food that indirectly causes weight gain in babies. Oats are low in saturated fat and cholesterol, and high in manganese, magnesium, thiamine and phosphorous. Oats is the only cereal containing legume like protein. You can get 100% oat – Cereal Single Grain, Corn Flakes, Oatmeal 500 for your kids delivered at your doorstep @oakondiments